The Cambridge School of Dallas College Placement Office provides guidance and resources to assist students and their families in making informed college decisions. College counseling at Cambridge is a four-year cumulative process which includes parent and student meetings, extensive individual advising of junior and senior students, ample resource materials, and assistance in the submission of applications. Some of the things that makes Cambridge distinct from other high schools are:
- Annual national college trip on which students visit an assortment of schools, typically including at least one large state school, one liberal arts college, and one private university. The past five trips have been to Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, North Carolina and Georgia.
- PSAT testing in the 9th, 10th and 11th grades
- Very small college counselor to student ratio
- 56% of Cambridge graduates attend out of state colleges
- 1315 Verbal/Math SAT average (Old SAT)
- 30% of student receive National Merit Scholarship Corporation recognition
- 2/3 of Cambridge seniors are AP Scholars or AP Scholars with Distinction
View School Profile: 2016-17 profile
College Application Resources:
Click on the links below to access college application resources put together by Mr. Little, Director of College Placement.
Admissions Resources: Helpful websites for the college application process
College Admissions WorkboCollege Admissions Workbookok: Getting to Know Yourself, Choosing a College, College Visits, College Applications, Testing, Resumes, Recommendation Letters, Summer Programs,